cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Club leaderboard data

shbyeager
Mt. Kenya

I have a specific question regarding the data in leaderboards that I haven't gotten a clear answer on when searching.

I have created a club for our XC team to track mileage.  Will data from their activities show on the leaderboard if they have their account set to private and their activities to followers only?  I currently am not following any of their accounts but runs are showing on the leaderboard so it would seem even with a private account, the data is recorded to the leaderboard.  Is this correct? 

No activities are showing on the activity feed which would seem to indicate they do not have their activity setting to public.

1 REPLY 1

Sunny415
Strava
Strava

Hey @shbyeager, I'm happy to add some context here. 

Club leaderboards will reflect both public activities and those visible to the owner's followers. Activities visible only to their owners will not be accounted for in club leaderboards. Keep in mind that if you are not a follower of an owner of an activity visible to the owner's followers, you will not be able to see their activities directly despite being represented in their club leaderboard stats.

Relatedly, while profile visibility does not impact which activities count toward club leaderboards, both profile visibility and activity visibility can independently restrict non-followers from seeing those semi-private activities in club activity feeds. This helps athletes compete in the more intimate setting that Clubs can provide while still allowing them to safeguard their privacy.

I hope that helps! 

Sunny
STRAVA | Support Team