cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This post has been escalated to our Support team for one of the following reasons: it requires sharing personal information, the intervention of an admin, or multiple exchanges. We may also escalate to our Support team if a topic is highly complex or technical.

Create a segment page doesn't open

smitm272
Mt. Kenya

I'm a subscriber and I've created segments before. Now, when I open a run a recently did and click on the create a segment feature, the Create a Segment page/wizard doesn't load. I use a Macbook Air 2020, with MacOS Monterey and Safari.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Greetings, 

In general, we would need additional information to troubleshoot this, however, our team is aware that older versions of Apple Safari no longer support some features offered on the Strava website which could be causing this. 

Currently, the most up-to-date version of the Safari browser, version 17, can be installed on computers which run macOS 12, 13, or 14 with macOS version 14 being the most recently released version. If your computer is running an earlier version of macOS, unfortunately your machine does not support the most recent version of Safari. In order to upgrade Safari to a supported version, it will be necessary to upgrade macOS on your machine.

You can learn more about macOS version support in the following article provided by Apple: Find out which macOS your Mac is using

Additionally, the following article from Wikipedia provides a table that lays out version support for the browser: Safari version history

If you are unable to install a supported version of the Safari web browser, our team recommends trying a different browser such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.

If you are using a supported browser and are still having issues, please submit a support ticket and we will investigate further.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Greetings, 

In general, we would need additional information to troubleshoot this, however, our team is aware that older versions of Apple Safari no longer support some features offered on the Strava website which could be causing this. 

Currently, the most up-to-date version of the Safari browser, version 17, can be installed on computers which run macOS 12, 13, or 14 with macOS version 14 being the most recently released version. If your computer is running an earlier version of macOS, unfortunately your machine does not support the most recent version of Safari. In order to upgrade Safari to a supported version, it will be necessary to upgrade macOS on your machine.

You can learn more about macOS version support in the following article provided by Apple: Find out which macOS your Mac is using

Additionally, the following article from Wikipedia provides a table that lays out version support for the browser: Safari version history

If you are unable to install a supported version of the Safari web browser, our team recommends trying a different browser such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.

If you are using a supported browser and are still having issues, please submit a support ticket and we will investigate further.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

Thank you for this! I have been fighting this issue and came across this interaction. I downloaded Firefox as suggested and was finally able to create a segment again.

Brett

Bryant
Moderator Moderator

Hey @smitm272,

This post has been escalated to our Support team. If you have a similar question please submit a support ticket and we will investigate further.

KBryant24