cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Criar evento com estatisticas usando o seguimento do strava/Create event w/statistics using Strava

joaoramtelli
Mt. Kenya

Good afternoon; I am a Strava Subscriber; And I created a segment on the streets of my neighborhood that is a drawing of a Christmas Tree, and last year, we held an event together with my runner friends, for a solidarity training to collect boxes of chocolates to make up Christmas baskets. for needy families in my neighborhood, and each runner athlete donated one or more boxes of candy; It was a success, we collected more than 100 boxes; and this year we will repeat it, so I was wondering if there is the possibility of all the athletes who participate going full circle in the follow-up; publish on Strava (whether the athlete is a subscriber or not); so that later I could put together statistics on how many participated; how many men and how many women, how many laps the athletes did, who did the most laps, who did the fastest lap, and so on...; In this case, I would ask everyone to run with their cell phone or other device (watch, Garmin, etc...) that could also be downloaded from Strava; I ask for help on how to create this event/challenge using Strava;

Below is an image of the circuit (following) and the link to the follow-up, and images from our event last year; ok - I'm from Cobilândia, Vila Velha-ES, Brazil

- Link -    https://strava.app.link/xQPTibpoQDb

Good afternoon; I am a Strava Subscriber; And I created a segment on the streets of my neighborhood that is a drawing of a Christmas Tree, and last year, we held an event together with my runner friends, for a solidarity training to collect boxes of chocolates to make up Christmas baskets. for needy families in my neighborhood, and each runner athlete donated one or more boxes of candy; It was a success, we collected more than 100 boxes; and this year we will repeat it, so I was wondering if there is the possibility of all the athletes who participate going full circle in the follow-up; publish on Strava (whether the athlete is a subscriber or not); so that later I could put together statistics on how many participated; how many men and how many women, how many laps the athletes did, who did the most laps, who did the fastest lap, and so on...; In this case, I would ask everyone to run with their cell phone or other device (watch, Garmin, etc...) that could also be downloaded from Strava; I ask for help on how to create this event/challenge using Strava;

Below is an image of the circuit (following) and the link to the follow-up, and images from our event last year; ok - I'm from Cobilândia, Vila Velha-ES, Brazil

imagens - corrida solidaria arvore de natal.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @joaoramtelli 

Thanks for posting about this and sharing the details of your event.  I'm glad it was successful last year and that you want to continue it using Strava.

First of all, it's possible  to use the free version of Strava and upload recorded activities.  Strava Subscribers do get access to more features, and those are explained here.  

We offer group challenges that have a maximum limit of 25 participants (you and 24 other athletes) per Group Challenge. Group Challenges can be created by subscribers, including athletes with a free trial subscription. All other athletes will get three free challenges to create or join. 

If you have more than the max number of participants, we recommend you create a club. While you cannot create a club challenge, you can create a club event.  There are also Apps that help you connect charity platforms to your Strava account. You can find out more here

I hope this helps!

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Scout
Moderator Moderator

UPDATE ON Group Challenges: We are pleased to announce that creators of Group Challenges can now invite up to 199 athletes that follow them on Strava. In order for an athlete to join the challenge, they must be a subscriber, have a free subscription trial, or have free challenges left. Creators can also allow other athletes in the challenge to invite athletes who follow them. From the challenge details screen, tap the three ellipses [...] in the top right to open the challenge settings, and then enable the toggle that reads “Allow Participants to Invite Others”. For more info on Group Challenges, check out this page

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @joaoramtelli 

I also want to mention that Clubs only show a leaderboard for "this week" and "previous week".   It's not possible to look back further than that, so if you are using it for statistics purposes, you may want to keep track week by week.

We have a Club related suggestion on our Ideas Board I would encourage you to check out, and feel free to add your votes or comments:

Add More Strava Club Data

Thanks so much.

Jane (she/her)

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @joaoramtelli 

Thanks for posting about this and sharing the details of your event.  I'm glad it was successful last year and that you want to continue it using Strava.

First of all, it's possible  to use the free version of Strava and upload recorded activities.  Strava Subscribers do get access to more features, and those are explained here.  

We offer group challenges that have a maximum limit of 25 participants (you and 24 other athletes) per Group Challenge. Group Challenges can be created by subscribers, including athletes with a free trial subscription. All other athletes will get three free challenges to create or join. 

If you have more than the max number of participants, we recommend you create a club. While you cannot create a club challenge, you can create a club event.  There are also Apps that help you connect charity platforms to your Strava account. You can find out more here

I hope this helps!

Jane (she/her)

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings