cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default equipment depending on predefined rules

Elihu
Shkhara

Feature: Define the default equipment depending on the activity type.

For instance: I use different running shoes when running on the treadmill/virtual run than when running outdoors.

Also it would be great to have another rule to do the same based on distance of the activity 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

CreakyCrank
Kilimanjaro

Hi @Elihu, this is a great idea, but is a duplicate of one (or maybe more) already posted.  You may want to upvote this existing one, and add any comments to it (for things you may feel need to be added/augmented in the request) - otherwise, we end up "splitting the vote" on similar feature requests.   

I think adding in your idea about equipment based on settings (treadmill run, commute ride) is a great add!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

millardjk
Shkhara

While waiting for Strava to add this feature, you might look at "Activity Fix" (activityfix.com). I use it to switch gear (bike) based on which sensor(s) are part of the effort profile. You may be able to get it to automatically switch your shoe selection (effectively providing a workout-type default) when activityfix sees something that uniquely identifies the treadmill run versus a commute ride.

——
Jim Millard
https://strava.com/athletes/millardjk

Soren
Denali

Thanks for the suggestion @Elihu and big thanks to @CreakyCrank for the quick solution. This post has been moved to a different board to serve for others to find the correct idea so the votes aren't split.

Cheers,

CreakyCrank
Kilimanjaro

Hi @Elihu, this is a great idea, but is a duplicate of one (or maybe more) already posted.  You may want to upvote this existing one, and add any comments to it (for things you may feel need to be added/augmented in the request) - otherwise, we end up "splitting the vote" on similar feature requests.   

I think adding in your idea about equipment based on settings (treadmill run, commute ride) is a great add!

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings