cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Sport

Michael185
Mt. Kenya

When I go to my profile to set my “Default Sport” under “Display Preferences” it only gives me 2 choices Running or Cycling. I like to Hike as well as walk but these are not options. Seems a bit absurd to me…Am I missing something? If forces me to go into each work out after complete and change to walking.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Michael185 

Thanks for posting about this.

You're correct - the Strava profile only has running or cycling as options for default sports.  However if you are recording with a device or App that lets you record in the "hike" mode, your activity upload file should contain a tag that contains that activity type data, and that is how your activity on Strava will be categorized.  

It sounds like that isn't happening for you.  I recommend your check on your recording device/App to see what activity/sport type you are choosing to record in and make any necessary adjustments.

Please let me know if this helps and if you have any further questions.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Michael185 

Thanks for posting about this.

You're correct - the Strava profile only has running or cycling as options for default sports.  However if you are recording with a device or App that lets you record in the "hike" mode, your activity upload file should contain a tag that contains that activity type data, and that is how your activity on Strava will be categorized.  

It sounds like that isn't happening for you.  I recommend your check on your recording device/App to see what activity/sport type you are choosing to record in and make any necessary adjustments.

Please let me know if this helps and if you have any further questions.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Why cant you just add walking or hiking and so on as default sports ? Cant be that difficult