cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

delete impossible times in segments leaderboards

Mrbombastic
Mt. Kenya

I frequently see KOM or fastest times for segments for running at speeds at which it is impossible to run, (above 25km/hr or whatever). Can't there be an algorithm applied to the segments placings which deletes these impossible times? You can't run 58km/hour. Not too dificult to filter out these times when a certain sport is chosen.

3 REPLIES 3

Rogier
Shkhara

I ran quite a few world records on short segments when the GPS errors at both segment ends were in my favor. Time for Strava to require a minimum segment length to weed out pollution by the inevitable inaccuracy of consumer-grade GPS devices.

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Mrbombastic 

Thanks so much for your post.  We do have an auto-flagging system in place which catches many (but not all) invalid segment efforts and prevents them from being displayed on leaderboards.  We continuously iterate on this system and appreciate your feedback.

You can find out more details in this post

Also - when you do see invalid segment efforts you can use the activity flag tool to notify us.

Lastly, if you see the same Athlete repeatedly upload invalid data, you can report that Athlete to Strava.

Thanks again for your post.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

tallsteve
Shkhara

Same for cycling, over 100mph? Really?

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings