cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different results from .fit and .gpx

skybedy
Shkhara

If I upload manually original .fit file from Garmin, I get new activity on Strava.

If I then this activity export to GPX file, the activity remove and again I upload from the GPX file, I get activity with different parametres than the original activity was.

How it's possible, it's correct?

strava.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @skybedy 

Thanks for posting.  .FIT files contain more data than a GPX file.  For example a .FIT file may contain a recorded stream of distance data separate from GPS data.  GPX files typically don't contain that distance stream and distance must be calculated from the GPS data in the GPX file.  For that reason, you may see a slightly different distance / pace when you export the GPX file to create an activity.

In general, we recommend using a .FIT file if you have access to it. 

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @skybedy 

Thanks for posting.  .FIT files contain more data than a GPX file.  For example a .FIT file may contain a recorded stream of distance data separate from GPS data.  GPX files typically don't contain that distance stream and distance must be calculated from the GPS data in the GPX file.  For that reason, you may see a slightly different distance / pace when you export the GPX file to create an activity.

In general, we recommend using a .FIT file if you have access to it. 

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team