cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distance of manual swimming activities doesn't make sense

Mousehead
Shkhara
  • Manually added swimming activities can only be measured in multiples of 25 metres or yards. However, many pools are not a standard size and this makes it clumsy. Also, to compound the issue I can add decimal places. For example, I can add a 1,000.3m swim, but not a 1,030m swim.

Allowing manual swims to be completely adjustable would have better functionality. Put bluntly, allowing such precision for centimetres but not metres makes little sense. 

Not all wearables track swimming, or do so accurately. However, pools will often indicate length and you can just count laps, then upload. Strava does a poor job of supporting these swims. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Mousehead 

Thanks for your post. It is possible to create manual swims with distances that are not in multiples of 25. See screenshot below:

manual swim.png

Can you try again and let me know if you're still encountering an issue?

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi @Mousehead 

Yes, apologies for any inconvenience that causes. I recommend using the Web as a workaround for now. I've tagged this post as product feedback so it will be reviewed by our Team.

I also suggest taking a look at this existing feature suggestion on Web/App parity. We would welcome your vote and any comments you may like to add.

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts.

Jane (she/her)

Thanks for the info and solution, it's appreciated.

I'll look those links up and get involved. 

Cheers. 

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Mousehead 

Thanks for your post. It is possible to create manual swims with distances that are not in multiples of 25. See screenshot below:

manual swim.png

Can you try again and let me know if you're still encountering an issue?

Jane (she/her)

Thanks, that's useful for when I use the desktop version, but the app still has this issue. 

1000016167.jpg