cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloaded maps on the iOS app

tomsouthall
Mt. Kenya

A recent iOS app update seems to have made it harder to manage my downloaded route maps.

Previously in Maps > Saved > Saved Routes, I could see which routes were downloaded via a small icon against each listed route. You could also download them from the listing view by tapping that icon.

Now though, I have to tap to view  an individual route to be able to see if it is downloaded.

As I have a lot of Saved Routes this makes it very difficult to manage those I want downloaded whereas before it was relatively easy.

Two solutions I can see for this:

1. Restore the downloaded icon on the listing view

2. In Maps > Saved add a new item “Downloaded Routes” that lists only the routes that you have downloaded to your device.

Idea 2 would be really handy as when you are out and about to start a hike or ride, if you have a lot of Saved Routes it can take a while to find the one you are about to start. Whereas in a shorter list of Dowloaded Routes it would be easy. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bryant
Moderator Moderator

Hey @tomsouthall,

Thank you for providing this feedback on our routes feature,
Have you taken a look at our Ideas board to check if someone has posted a similar take?
If not, I would highly suggest doing so. I believe that would be a great spot for this post!

KBryant24
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Bryant
Moderator Moderator

Hey @tomsouthall,

Thank you for providing this feedback on our routes feature,
Have you taken a look at our Ideas board to check if someone has posted a similar take?
If not, I would highly suggest doing so. I believe that would be a great spot for this post!

KBryant24
STRAVA | Community Hub Team