cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate accounts - Not able to merge

Aleksander
Mt. Kenya

I wonder if any of you have gotten a solution to a similar problem;

I have an old Strava account, https://www.strava.com/athletes/13939161 , which I am fairly certain used my Facebook account to log in. Because I can see that I have a Strava connection still active on my Facebook account from the same time I created my first account.

However, when I got a new phone and wanted to log in, I made a mistake and chose Google as log in method instead. My Facebook and Google account has the same email connected. Somehow that created a new account, https://www.strava.com/athletes/133051305 . 

Now I cannot access my old account. When I choose Facebook as login method, it directs me to the new account. The same for Google and Email login. 

I cannot wrap my head around this, since Strava claims that one email cannot be connected to several accounts.

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @Aleksander
Thanks for your post. You are correct, Strava profiles can only use one email per account so an email address cannot be used to create multiple accounts. I took a look at your open support ticket, #2879643 and looking at the Athlete ID's you sent over, there are different emails used for these accounts. Our team will respond to your support email as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience!

For those who need more info on merging duplicate accounts, please check out the following support article: 
Merging Duplicate Accounts

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Aleksander
Mt. Kenya

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @Aleksander
Thanks for your post. You are correct, Strava profiles can only use one email per account so an email address cannot be used to create multiple accounts. I took a look at your open support ticket, #2879643 and looking at the Athlete ID's you sent over, there are different emails used for these accounts. Our team will respond to your support email as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience!

For those who need more info on merging duplicate accounts, please check out the following support article: 
Merging Duplicate Accounts

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

Hi, i have the same problem, a new account was created on the same e-mail adress, can you help me merge the accounts and delete the account without any activity? This is my original profile connected to the same e-mail https://www.strava.com/athletes/84826797 . Also happend choosing the "wrong" log in method on a new phone so you should look into fixing this bug.

Hey @lukaradic
Thanks for your post. This inquiry will need to be handled by our Support team. The Community Hub & Strava Support are two different platforms. The Hub is great for general questions and information while our Support team will handle questions that require account access. I see that you submitted a support ticket; #2890261; this was auto responded to. If you need further assistance, please respond directly to that email.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

I still have not hear anything back, when could I expect an answer or resolution?

Hey @Aleksander
Sorry for the delay. It looks as if your support ticket was responded to earlier this week. If you need further assistance, please respond directly to that support ticket. 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)