cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate activity uploads sync issue

Kennyx
Mt. Kenya

Due to occasional inaccuracies in altitude and dynamic data on my Apple Watch, I typically use both the Apple Watch Ultra and Coros watch connected to the Stryd running sensor during marathon runs. However, today I noticed that the data from the Coros watch for the Hong Kong Marathon is missing, and the Apple Watch data seems to be off by a few hundred meters. Additionally, Stryd is unable to sync heart rate data. How can I filter data from these three different auto-sync sources or manually retrieve the Coros data?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Kennyx 

Thanks for posting about this.  If you record the same activity with two different devices, there is a chance the second uploaded activity will fail, as we do attempt to detect and block duplicate uploads if they have a similar start time. It's possible that's why your Coros Marathon data didn't upload to Strava.

You should be able to manually upload the file from Coros to Strava, but I recommend deleting the other versions of the activity from Strava first, as they may be blocking the Coros upload.

Manually Upload an Activity File to Strava

• Access your COROS account on the mobile application.
  • Locate the activity from the Activities page (on COROS) and tap to view the activity details page.
  • Tap on the top right corner to open the settings below and select "Export Data".
  • Select the file format .FIT or .TCX.  > Choose how to send the file from your phone to your computer.
  • Access the sent file on your computer and visit strava.com/upload/select and click Choose file to find and upload the original file downloaded from COROS. 

Full instructions here

I would encourage you to check out this existing feature suggestion, which is about combing multiple data streams for one activity into one.  We would welcome your vote (kudos) and any comments.  

Let us know if that works for you.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Kennyx 

Thanks for posting about this.  If you record the same activity with two different devices, there is a chance the second uploaded activity will fail, as we do attempt to detect and block duplicate uploads if they have a similar start time. It's possible that's why your Coros Marathon data didn't upload to Strava.

You should be able to manually upload the file from Coros to Strava, but I recommend deleting the other versions of the activity from Strava first, as they may be blocking the Coros upload.

Manually Upload an Activity File to Strava

• Access your COROS account on the mobile application.
  • Locate the activity from the Activities page (on COROS) and tap to view the activity details page.
  • Tap on the top right corner to open the settings below and select "Export Data".
  • Select the file format .FIT or .TCX.  > Choose how to send the file from your phone to your computer.
  • Access the sent file on your computer and visit strava.com/upload/select and click Choose file to find and upload the original file downloaded from COROS. 

Full instructions here

I would encourage you to check out this existing feature suggestion, which is about combing multiple data streams for one activity into one.  We would welcome your vote (kudos) and any comments.  

Let us know if that works for you.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team