cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit a run distance

SteveDark
Mt. Kenya

Hi All,

I know you can crop a run however when I do Parkrun the route goes under a large highway bridge and the distance is too short, not too long. I can't figure out how to add the extra distance into the activity in my Strava app. I have the paid version and can edit in Garmin, just not in Strava. It seems odd to me if this is not possible. Am I missing something?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bryant
Moderator Moderator

Hey @SteveDark,

When editing an activity, unfortunately distance cannot be added. 

KBryant24
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Bryant
Moderator Moderator

Hey @SteveDark,

When editing an activity, unfortunately distance cannot be added. 

KBryant24
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

The activity in Strava for indoor is wildly inaccurate. In Garmin I can edit the distance to make it right but Strava has a pace that's not even remotely accurate. It has me doing 7.5min/mi when they should be close to 10. This should be editable.

This is stupid for indoor activities like treadmill or stationary cycling. Strava's estimated distance is never correct. On my old Galaxy 2 watch I could correct the distance on the watch when I was finished before uploading. Now I just do manual entry on PC but lose all my heart rate data etc. In the age of people using surrogate runners for GPS and all kinds of shenanigans there is no reason we shouldn't be able to edit distance data for indoor running and similar activities. Paying member (for now)