cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Erroneous notification

KJ
Shkhara

I received a notification "Nice Climb!" the other evening, for 280 feet of climbing, but there was no activity that would/should have generated this. I was sitting on the couch. Really oddly, the logged heart rate is dangerously high for sitting on the couch, average of 128, when my resting heart rate is high 40's. It almost seems like I received a notification that belonged to someone else. Is this a thing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

KJ
Shkhara

I got another one of these notifications, and I figured out the source, but not the reason I'm getting them. The alert I got Sunday night at 9:30 PM notified me of a "nice climb." After comparing length of the workout, distance traveled, etc, I realized it was for a commute bike ride on Friday morning. I had already logged the commute as a commute. I suppose what I am seeing is a "feature?" Strava trying to offer some encouragement on past deeds? Seems odd to me, but at least I know where they are coming from.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

KJ
Shkhara

I got another one of these notifications, and I figured out the source, but not the reason I'm getting them. The alert I got Sunday night at 9:30 PM notified me of a "nice climb." After comparing length of the workout, distance traveled, etc, I realized it was for a commute bike ride on Friday morning. I had already logged the commute as a commute. I suppose what I am seeing is a "feature?" Strava trying to offer some encouragement on past deeds? Seems odd to me, but at least I know where they are coming from.

@KJ Thanks for the follow up. I'll share this with our product team and they can take a look at this. We appreciate you posting about this. 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

I got exactly the same message in error. It told me “nice climb” and said my max speed was 50mph. But I didn’t go out today, no even in the car!

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @KJ,

Thanks for the post. If you have a screenshot of what you are seeing, can you send it over to our support team? They can take a look into this and try to find out what's going on. Thanks!

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

I got exactly the same message in error. It told me “nice climb” and said my max speed was 50mph. But I didn’t go out today, no even in the car!

KJ
Shkhara

That's the strange thing - there is no map, and no event shown in my list of activities. There is just a notification. All I have ever recorded on Strava is MTB rides and a couple of hikes, but this notification is labeled as "Nice Climb!" Looking at the details of the notification, It shows elevation, speed, heart-rate, zones, etc, but no map. It lists it as a 21 minute activity, but I was literally sitting on the couch when it indicates the activity took place.

Jan_Mantau
Denali

What does the map of that activity say about the activity location?