cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facebook Login

Former Member
Not applicable

Could someone please explain to me how Strava can create a new profile from Facebook when I already have one?  Years ago when I created my Strava account I logged in via Facebook and have a profile which I have been using successfully for several years.  On Sunday evening, I wanted to explore the possibility of subscribing to Strava and disconnected that profile from Facebook in order to create a more secure login via email.  No password reset was sent to me so I then logged back into Strava via Facebook and was shocked to find that I now have a new athlete profile attached to my email but with no activities logged.  I can still see my original profile as I know my original athlete number and have manually typed it into the web address bar.  My Garmin is also still uploading my activities to my original profile but I cannot log into it.  How can this happen as Strava insists that an account can only have one email address?  I have been trying to contact Strava but have only received an automated reply so far.  This isn't really encouraging me to trust Strava with a financial commitment.  Very frustrating!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @Former Member, 
Thanks for your post. You are correct, Strava profiles can only use one email per account so an email address cannot be used to create multiple accounts. I took a look at your open support ticket, #2804330 and looking at the Athlete ID's you sent over, there is a slight difference in the emails for these accounts.

Our Support Team will be able to help you resolve this issue.  Please be patient and someone will get back to you as quickly as possible. 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @Former Member, 
Thanks for your post. You are correct, Strava profiles can only use one email per account so an email address cannot be used to create multiple accounts. I took a look at your open support ticket, #2804330 and looking at the Athlete ID's you sent over, there is a slight difference in the emails for these accounts.

Our Support Team will be able to help you resolve this issue.  Please be patient and someone will get back to you as quickly as possible. 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

Former Member
Not applicable

Many thanks Scout.  I don't understand how there can be a difference in the email but I really do appreciate your reply.  It is a most frustrating situation and I'm worried that I will lose my historical Strava data.  Hopefully it can be resolved.  Thanks again and best wishes.

Hey @Former Member, 
From my quick look at your accounts, all your data should be fine. Our team will give you the steps to resolve this so you will have one account that has includes your historical Strava data. 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings