cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GuyBeels
Shkhara

What have you done to Heatmaps?  I do not care about businesses, or where other people have run, walked, or biked, and the new color selection interface does not allow basemap changes from the same interface (as it should).  Also, as I zoom out, the once-useful aggregation of workouts (showing a circle and number at scales where the actual paths get tiny and useless) is now gone.  Writing this as a cartographer, recent changes are not an improvement.  Is there a way to recover the old display mode?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

nicky
Strava
Strava

Hello Everyone. Clusters are back, and now they work for all sports. Thank you for your feedback and for your patience while we updated it to work for the new sport filtering options. Let us know if you have further thoughts. We're always glad to hear from ya! 

nicky_0-1714417895004.png

nicky_1-1714422563369.png

View solution in original post

95 REPLIES 95

seagil
Mt. Kenya

The heatmap is one of my favourite features however I agree that the recent changes are a massive down grade. When zoomed out you no longer can see all the countries easily that you have covered and it takes a lot of zooming in before you even can see the activity. The old numbers were a great locator of where you have been but now you have to rely on memory to see where you have been. Please bring back the number count!!

kajetan
Mt. Kenya

The new date selector in the personal heatmaps is a nice addition but please bring back the "year picker" to quickly select a year. 

With the new date picker it is really hard to quickly compare years. 

ClaireBear
Mt. Kenya

yeah, I agree,  the old one is considerably more functional.  

specifically, It was useful for seeing my heatmap for the current year grow for running and walking activities.  Now it is more complicated to select just the current year,  and impossible to show more than one activity type at a time.

uzaks
Pico de Orizaba

Please bring back the activity clusters on the personal heatmap! The old version of personal heatmap was working just fine and it was one of the features why I renewed my subscription. 

i fully agree with you on this. Not impressed at all

pealexan
Mt. Kenya

Please bring back the old Heatmaps with Activity Clusters. The new Heatmaps are a major downgrade from the previous version. Thanks.

DavidHoggard
Mt. Kenya

Agree. The ability to zoom out and see all your activities in a city or country grouped together was the best feature. Please bring back Activity Clusters! 

nsmick
Mt. Kenya

Bring back the activity clusters.  If you zoom out now you can no longer see areas where you have activity.  

William_Cole
Mt. Kenya

Very unhappy with the recent heatmap updated. All the features that were loved before have been removed. Please bring back the ability to select a certain year, nothing more annoying that having to select Jan 1 and Dec 31st(or the current date) to be able to see what I have completed this year. Not to mention you have to do this every time as all settings get reverted back to the "standard" settings. Also remove point of interests on the heatmap. No body uses Strava to find the local coffee shop or grocery store. Very disappointed in Strava and this inches me even closer to cancelling my subscription. 

superkadoo
Shkhara

love this feature, but it appears the update has killed the activity clusters check box. without it, it's very hard to see anything except incredibly zoomed in views.