cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback on “Your Weekly Snapshot” feature

_windrunner
Shkhara

I’m now seeing the “Your Weekly Snapshot” at the top of my feed when using the app. I do not enjoy how this serves almost entirely to make me feel bad about my effort so far in the current week. This is detrimental to my experience on Strava. 

My training schedule each week is highly variable due to plenty of factors such as work, personal commitments, weather, etc. I should not have to see a feature telling me I haven’t been working as hard when I have been putting in more or the same amount of effort as my schedule allows. 

Please enable a toggle for this feature so we do not have to see it. 

105 REPLIES 105

Because 'they' (Strava) can...

Thanks, but this is by sport, not cumulative right? I just want my overall weekly hours, regardless of gym/run/ride/snowboard etc.

Arguably, the overall weekly hours, not per sport should still be a part of the "You" section of the app, which is just one tap away. As it is implemented now, it is just an eyesore that stands in the way every time I open the app.

And besides, in the true Strava fashion it isn't customizable. I'd rather see the total elevation gain than the total hours.

candytuftrnr
Mt. Kenya

Please let users toggle this feature off.

Smart training involves building training blocks and down or rest periods. No one's training should increase every single week. This feature promotes over training. It also can be harmful for users who have dealt with orthorexia, any kind of exercise or eating disorder, or feelings of inadequacy and pressure to always be doing more. 

KatjaA
Mt. Kenya

I really like the new weekly snapshot feature, but I think it would be much more motivating and realistic if it was the cumulative of the last 7 days instead of resetting to zero on Mondays. 

This way, you wouldn't be at 0h/0km after a productive sporty weekend.

JustJake
Mt. Kenya

I vote to make this feature "collapsable", or to provide the option to remove it completely from the home page. I can find this data elsewhere on the app when I actually want to see it.

Nigeldavenport
Mt. Kenya

Please remove this feature it is terrible!

NikoRay
Mt. Kenya

The obsession with adding “new” features and “improvements” to the pp creates clutter such as the snapshot feature. It’s annoying. I don’t want to see it. Pls allow us to toggle it off and take a day off. We don’t need you to keep adding crap to the app; it’s great already. 

Swisspolak
Mt. Kenya

This really should be an option, that needs to be toggled on if you want it and be disabled as default.

Dixondo
Mt. Kenya

Totally agree! There are at least two other places on the app where weekly efforts can be compared. We don’t need another.

All of the trolling, negative responses to this are obviously from bullet proof, hard as nails, go big or go home type guys, good on them, but this feature isn’t for everyone, simple as that.

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings