cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find the source of, and simulate, activities with a "null" map

michael12345
Mt. Kenya

Hi,

I support a website that, via the Strava API, allows our users to sync their activities from Strava into our system.

We have an occasional error with activities not syncing properly, and I have a suspicion it is related to an activity being returned to us with a "null" value for the map node.

Here is a snippet of the resulting JSON of a call to getActivityById():

"athlete_count": 1,
"photo_count": 0,
"map": null,
"trainer": true,
"commute": false,
"manual": false,

Here is a snippet of a test activity I added for myself via the Strava website, with no map data associated:
"athlete_count": 1,
"photo_count": 0,
"map": {
  "id": "a7974877761",
  "summary_polyline": "",
  "resource_state": 2
},
"trainer": false,
"commute": false,

Note how mine has an empty value for summary_polyline, whereas the potential problem activity has a null value for the map node.

I'm curious to know where the null value for map came from, and I'm primarily wanting to know how I can create an activity myself with a null value for map, so that I can troubleshoot our system in this scenario.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hi michael12345

Thanks for posting. Please submit a support ticket and we’ll be happy to investigate further.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

michael12345
Mt. Kenya

Hi Scout,

Thanks for responding. I already submitted a support ticket and was directed to the Strava API Google Group, then found some other developers discussing the same issue here:

Activity Summary Map Broken (google.com)

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hi michael12345

Thanks for posting. Please submit a support ticket and we’ll be happy to investigate further.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team