cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fix the Top Sport algorithm for Year in Sport

mbaldwin33
Shkhara

The current algorithm that determines Top Sport for Year in Sport is inaccurate. I walked 200 miles this year, and ran 1,800 miles--yet my "Top Sport" is walking. The reason is that my runs are split up between "Trail Run" and "Run" both of whose individual count of activities are less than the number of total walks I did since I typically go for a walk in the evening. You could fix this by either determining "Top Sport" by the number of miles NOT by number of activities, or if you are intent on counting activities, then count "All Run" instead of the subcategories. Either way, the algorithm is horrible and as a paying subscriber who ran 1800+ miles, one 100-miler, 2 50-milers, and 2 50Ks this year, it's reveals a lack of seriousness on your part to reveal to me that my top sport is "Walking" in the year in review feature. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @mbaldwin33 

Thanks so much for taking the time to share you thoughts on the Year in Sport.  Your feedback has been noted and passed along to the Team.  Thanks again.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @mbaldwin33 

Thanks so much for taking the time to share you thoughts on the Year in Sport.  Your feedback has been noted and passed along to the Team.  Thanks again.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team