cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

flag for wrong gender

carlotatrx
Mt. Kenya

Hi! I am quite tired of flagging men on the leaderboard who register their gender as woman and get cups and QoMs... it would be great if:

- there is an additional flag option indicating "wrong gender type".

- when you register with a common male name but indicate that your gender is female, you get a pop-up reminder of the rules of fair play.

Thanks!

Carlota

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

zecanard
Kilimanjaro

For something like this, I would recommend opening a support ticket to provide more context. Someone registering the wrong gender may not be immediately obvious if you only use the Report Suspicious Behavior button, which doesn’t offer a textbox for providing an explanation.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

carlotatrx
Mt. Kenya

Hi, Thanks for all your comments. When it comes to flagging someone, I always take care to ensure that their name isn't misleading and that their profile picture accurately represents their gender. If there's any uncertainty, I err on the side of caution and refrain from flagging. 

ChrisBerry
Kilimanjaro

@carlotatrx I have flagged countless rides over the years for a variety of reasons, but I've never seen an example of a man claiming to be a woman in order to cheat on the leaderboards. Do you know for a fact that the people you are flagging are actually men, or are you assuming they are men based on their names? There are plenty of names that are common for men or women. 

zecanard
Kilimanjaro

For something like this, I would recommend opening a support ticket to provide more context. Someone registering the wrong gender may not be immediately obvious if you only use the Report Suspicious Behavior button, which doesn’t offer a textbox for providing an explanation.

Jan_Mantau
Denali

You could report the user if he has the wrong gender set. That's possible from the profile of the user in the browser application: 

Jan_Mantau_0-1688580625106.png

An automated check for the gender of the user name wouldn't be very feasible though, with the hundreds of languages and alphabets, the not required first name and the gender ambiguity of many names.

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings