cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flybys not loading

mjsobel
Mt. Kenya

Nothing loads when I click on Flybys on my activity. This has just started in the last few days, no change to my privacy settings, which are set to allow all.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @mjsobel
Thanks for your post! The Flyby feature on Strava is available on your activities when both of the following conditions are true:

• Your activity's privacy control is set to 'Everyone'. Please note that the individual activity's privacy control is different from the default activity privacy control found in your account settings. More information can be found here: Activity Privacy Controls
  • Your account's Flyby privacy control is set to 'Everyone'. This setting is found on your Privacy Controls settings page on the Strava website or via Settings → Privacy Controls in the Strava mobile app.

If either of the two settings described above are not set to 'Everyone', you will not see the Flyby feature displayed on your activity.

Additionally, an activity whose map has been entirely hidden by its Map Visibility settings will not be eligible for Flyby. Learn more about editing your activity's or account's Map Visibility settings here: Edit Map Visibility

If your activity matches the above and it's still not working, please submit a support ticket and we will investigate further.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Oswald
Mt. Kenya

On my app Flyby not working. All set to everyone. 

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @mjsobel
Thanks for your post! The Flyby feature on Strava is available on your activities when both of the following conditions are true:

• Your activity's privacy control is set to 'Everyone'. Please note that the individual activity's privacy control is different from the default activity privacy control found in your account settings. More information can be found here: Activity Privacy Controls
  • Your account's Flyby privacy control is set to 'Everyone'. This setting is found on your Privacy Controls settings page on the Strava website or via Settings → Privacy Controls in the Strava mobile app.

If either of the two settings described above are not set to 'Everyone', you will not see the Flyby feature displayed on your activity.

Additionally, an activity whose map has been entirely hidden by its Map Visibility settings will not be eligible for Flyby. Learn more about editing your activity's or account's Map Visibility settings here: Edit Map Visibility

If your activity matches the above and it's still not working, please submit a support ticket and we will investigate further.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

All of my settings are set to everyone and I do not have any of my map hidden. When I try to run a flyby on my most recent activity (today) it just spins and says loading?

Hey @dawnhassel

Can you try our initial troubleshooting step of deleting and reinstalling the Strava app? Our recommended instructions are below:

1. Delete the Strava application from your phone
2. Power your device off for 10 seconds
3. Turn your phone back on
4. Reinstall the Strava application 

Note: You will not lose any data if you do this since all data is stored on the Strava servers.

Google Play Store:
Strava: Track Running, Cycling & Swimming
How to update your apps on Android: Support - Google

Apple App Store:
Strava: Run, Ride, Swim
How to update your apps on Apple: Support - Apple

If it still doesn't work after doing the above, please submit a support ticket and we will investigate further.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)