cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This post has been escalated to our Support team for one of the following reasons: it requires sharing personal information, the intervention of an admin, or multiple exchanges. We may also escalate to our Support team if a topic is highly complex or technical.

Flyovers and privacy zones

BostonRunner
Mt. Kenya

I tried the flyover feature today - it made a really cool video of my run. Unfortunately it completely ignored my privacy zones 😓

So the only people I can show the video to are my pets. Is this a feature or a bug? Any reason to not use the shared version of the map not the user’s view? Anyone else had this issue or found a resolution?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Update from support: As the owner of an activity, you will see the activity flyover in full. However, map visibility and privacy controls will be honored for all other athletes when they view the activity in question. 
At this time, Map Visibility settings are not represented when viewing the Flyover feature on an activity. Nevertheless, the activity's Map Visibility settings and privacy controls will be honored for all other athletes when they view the Flyover map on the activity.
At this time, we do not have a share option built into the Flyover feature on the Strava app.  

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Update from support: As the owner of an activity, you will see the activity flyover in full. However, map visibility and privacy controls will be honored for all other athletes when they view the activity in question. 
At this time, Map Visibility settings are not represented when viewing the Flyover feature on an activity. Nevertheless, the activity's Map Visibility settings and privacy controls will be honored for all other athletes when they view the Flyover map on the activity.
At this time, we do not have a share option built into the Flyover feature on the Strava app.  

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

Bryant
Moderator Moderator

Hey @BostonRunner,

Since this topic revolves around Privacy Settings, it has been escalated to our Support team. If you have a similar question please submit a support ticket and we will investigate further.

KBryant24