cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global Heat Map in Route Planning

guaxini
Mt. Kenya

In the past when creating routes with the global heatmap activated there was a lot more available than there currently is.  If I look at the global heat map outside of the route creator with all sports selected, I can see these additional heat lines.

Global Heat Map with All Sports selected shows traffic south of HuayllabambaGlobal Heat Map with All Sports selected shows traffic south of Huayllabamba

However, if I go into the route creator, there is no option for all sports and so it gets filtered by preferred activity (biking, running, hiking, walking, etc...), but none of these is anywhere near as detailed as the global heat map with all sports selected. 

Global Heat Map in Route Creator doesn't show any traffic south of Huayllabamba regardless of which preferred activity selected.Global Heat Map in Route Creator doesn't show any traffic south of Huayllabamba regardless of which preferred activity selected.

Is there any way when creating a route to have the global heat map show all sports again.  I have often used this when creating routes on less traveled trails, but that still had enough traffic to show up on the global heat map (and still show up on it with all sports selected), but no longer show up when creating a route.

1 REPLY 1

Rushon
Mt. Kenya

I have found recently when looking at global heatmaps lines disappear as you zoom in. I’m sure it didn’t used to do this! It’s very frustrating when trying to plan routes.