cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

group activities doesn’t work despite set to “everyone”

Former Member
Not applicable

I ride with groups several times a week. All the other riders' Strava accounts show the Group Activity ("Rider X rode with Rider Y and Rider Z" etc), but I don't show up in their rides and they don't show up on mine. My Privacy Setting in Group Activities in my settings is set to "Everyone."

I opened a support ticket two weeks ago but haven’t even got a response. Anyone experienced the same issue and maybe solved it somehow?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @Former Member, 

Thanks for the post. I see your support ticket (#2718442) in our queue. Our team does its best to answer all inquiries as quickly as possible and we do provide expedited support for our subscribers. Here is some info on grouped activities: 

Strava athletes will automatically be grouped to your activity if you were nearby each other for 50% of the activity—both non-followers and followers may be grouped to your activity. You can read about how activity groupings work here. If you prefer that only followers or those that you follow can see you were part of a group, adjust your Group Activities privacy control to "Followers". If you prefer that your activities are not grouped with other athletes at all, adjust your Group Activity privacy control to “No One”. You can read more about those privacy controls here. If you would like to leave a grouped activity, you can do so from the web version of Strava by following the instructions in this article

Sometimes our servers take a bit of time to complete the grouping process, especially for larger groups. If you are still not seeing your activity grouped after about 12 hours, please check the following:

• If you've set your group activity privacy controls to "No One," no athletes will be grouped to your activity nor will they see you as part of a group.
  • If you are a Strava mobile app user, check your device's internal clock settings. If you set your phone's clock manually, your set time could be over 1 minute off from the automatic clock from cell towers/satellites causing you to miss the group activity detection. Instead, try setting your clock to update automatically.
  • If you're still having trouble, please submit a support ticket that includes direct links to your activity and the activities you should be grouped with.

Our team will take a look at your ticket and find out what's going on. Thanks for your patience!

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Boooooo
Mt. Kenya

same issue, solved this way: go to settings-->profile and edit your Location. You you need to make sure to put something that will be automatically completed by Strava when click Save. Do not put only the town for example, add the province or region, important thing is that Strava locate you exactly when clicking save

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @Former Member, 

Thanks for the post. I see your support ticket (#2718442) in our queue. Our team does its best to answer all inquiries as quickly as possible and we do provide expedited support for our subscribers. Here is some info on grouped activities: 

Strava athletes will automatically be grouped to your activity if you were nearby each other for 50% of the activity—both non-followers and followers may be grouped to your activity. You can read about how activity groupings work here. If you prefer that only followers or those that you follow can see you were part of a group, adjust your Group Activities privacy control to "Followers". If you prefer that your activities are not grouped with other athletes at all, adjust your Group Activity privacy control to “No One”. You can read more about those privacy controls here. If you would like to leave a grouped activity, you can do so from the web version of Strava by following the instructions in this article

Sometimes our servers take a bit of time to complete the grouping process, especially for larger groups. If you are still not seeing your activity grouped after about 12 hours, please check the following:

• If you've set your group activity privacy controls to "No One," no athletes will be grouped to your activity nor will they see you as part of a group.
  • If you are a Strava mobile app user, check your device's internal clock settings. If you set your phone's clock manually, your set time could be over 1 minute off from the automatic clock from cell towers/satellites causing you to miss the group activity detection. Instead, try setting your clock to update automatically.
  • If you're still having trouble, please submit a support ticket that includes direct links to your activity and the activities you should be grouped with.

Our team will take a look at your ticket and find out what's going on. Thanks for your patience!

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team