cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Group challenges maximum participants

ChallengeAid
Mt. Kenya

Hi, I created a group challenge last year but the max number of participants I could add into a group challenge was (I think) 25. I therefore had to set up a few groups we had about 60 participators.

I hope to run the same challenge again this July and just read that the max capacity per group has now been raised to 200? 

Is anyone able to confirm if this is correct? If so then great! - if not I’ll have to figure out another way of sorting the challenge so that everyone is in one group. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @ChallengeAid

Yes! This is correct, we are pleased to announce that creators of Group Challenges can now invite up to 199 athletes that follow them on Strava. In order for an athlete to join the challenge, they must be a subscriber, have a free subscription trial, or have free challenges left. Creators can also allow other athletes in the challenge to invite athletes who follow them. From the challenge details screen, tap the three ellipses [...] in the top right to open the challenge settings, and then enable the toggle that reads “Allow Participants to Invite Others”. For more info on Group Challenges, check out this page

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @ChallengeAid

Yes! This is correct, we are pleased to announce that creators of Group Challenges can now invite up to 199 athletes that follow them on Strava. In order for an athlete to join the challenge, they must be a subscriber, have a free subscription trial, or have free challenges left. Creators can also allow other athletes in the challenge to invite athletes who follow them. From the challenge details screen, tap the three ellipses [...] in the top right to open the challenge settings, and then enable the toggle that reads “Allow Participants to Invite Others”. For more info on Group Challenges, check out this page

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team