cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Group Challenges User Interface

jplikesrunning
Mt. Kenya

Hi, in the recent past (Winter 2022) group challenges would show the individual contributions of participants working together towards a goal. That was highly encouraging to members because it showed the work they put in to the collective goal.

Now for whatever reason, that statistic is now replaced by “last qualifying activity date;” I don’t think this contributes anything to the participant themselves or to others within the group. It’s frustrating actually to not see individual contributions. The dates of activities adds no value shown as the main metric when viewing group challenges.

Having to click into the individual users to see how much they’ve contributed to the collective goal is an extra step that saps the fun of what group challenges used to be. No one wants to tap into each individual participant to see what should be the first thing shown from a UX/UI perspective.

Is this something that may be changed back to its previous UI?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Soren
Denali

Hello @jplikesrunning -- we haven't actually changed the way the "Group Goal" group challenge works. The Group Goal challenge type is intended to be a collaborative feature, meaning every participant’s efforts will contribute to the overall goal, as long as they qualify. This also means that there is no leaderboard like there is for the other competitive Group Challenge types (Most Activity, Fastest Effort, Longest Single Activity), but you can still see how your own efforts, as well as the other participants, contribute to the group effort. 
Click HERE for more information about the Group Challenge feature. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Soren
Denali

Hello @jplikesrunning -- we haven't actually changed the way the "Group Goal" group challenge works. The Group Goal challenge type is intended to be a collaborative feature, meaning every participant’s efforts will contribute to the overall goal, as long as they qualify. This also means that there is no leaderboard like there is for the other competitive Group Challenge types (Most Activity, Fastest Effort, Longest Single Activity), but you can still see how your own efforts, as well as the other participants, contribute to the group effort. 
Click HERE for more information about the Group Challenge feature. 

Hi @Soren, I resonate with @jplikesrunning's problem. As a user, I want to set up a challenge that lets my team members work towards a common group goal and see a leaderboard so that we see our progress and also who contributes the most at a glance. Essentially, I want a competitive group challenge with a common goal. Currently, none of the available challenge formats seem to offer that. I am sure there must be a workaround or that I am not doing it right. What do you recommend? Thanks, Thorsten. 

Hi @Thorsten
Thanks for your post. You are correct, at this time this is not possible. For a Group Goal, you can choose between a time, distance, elevation gain, or elevation loss goal, and all activities will count towards the single goal. There is no leaderboard, but you can see how you’re contributing to the group effort.

You could create a club, you can create a club event, but you cannot create a goal or challenge for clubs. While there is no current workaround, we are looking into adding this feature to clubs and it has been suggested on our ideas board here. Take a look and show your support by adding your feedback and kudos. When we have updates we will add them to that ideas post. 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

@Scout I am also disappointed because I set up a group challenge for my work and now I am confused what we will see. Is there a screen shot somewhere that shows: " but you can still see how your own efforts, as well as the other participants, contribute to the group effort"

Hi @Scout,

Thanks for your reply. To be honest, asking €10,99 per month while such a basic feature is missing is quite bold. I hope Strava will implement this feature soon. By the way, the link you shared is about club challenges. In this post I am talking about the general challenge feature.

Thanks,

Thorsten