cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heatmaps - date filter

nicrennet
Mt. Kenya

Would it be possible to introduce a time filter to heatmaps so that trails that fall out of favour fade out?

I live in an area surrounded by forests and use the heatmap facility extensively to find new routes to run / cycle off the main fire trails. However, due to forestry work over recent months and years and the inaccessibility of some routes due to tree growth, this has become an increasingly unreliable way to plan a run - routes that were popular can now no-longer be navigated.

I would propose at least a 12-month rolling filter (a bit like the rolling 90-days for local legend) to ensure that all seasons are captured.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

nicky
Strava
Strava

Hey @nicrennet thanks for writing in here. Totally appreciate the use case (and would like to have this capability myself too!) The heatmap currently captures the trailing 13 months, but we agree that more specific filtering would be very helpful. We have a number of significant updates to our heatmap feature-set planned for this year and will take this suggestion into our planning. Please let me know if you have any other needs the heatmaps are not currently meeting! 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

nicky
Strava
Strava

Hi @p1ersson thanks for this suggestion. We're working on some tools that will help with this exact use case. Stay tuned for more updates in the next few months! Appreciate you taking the time to write in! 

p1ersson
Shkhara

For example currently - wathcing todays track of skating where people has been recenlty is one tool to help see what parts of lakes have what quality. Filtering global heatmap for a range (in my case now: todays) would be a useful tool

nicky
Strava
Strava

Hey @nicrennet thanks for writing in here. Totally appreciate the use case (and would like to have this capability myself too!) The heatmap currently captures the trailing 13 months, but we agree that more specific filtering would be very helpful. We have a number of significant updates to our heatmap feature-set planned for this year and will take this suggestion into our planning. Please let me know if you have any other needs the heatmaps are not currently meeting! 

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings