cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello and a Question

luciano_rizzi
Mt. Kenya

Hello everyone, my name is Luciano, brazilian, 49 years old and I'm a road cyclist, eventually a mountain biker. I've been a Strava user since 2014, I started uploading from a Garmin device in 2015. I have a question, see many users who manage to record the same activity at the same time, recording from a device and a cell phone. I notice that in this action the distances and elevations accumulate, which is unfair in the monthly challenges. The question is, should we keep flagging these double activities, couldn't Strava detect this automatically? Thank you and good trainings to all.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @luciano_rizzi 

Thanks so much joining our Community!  To answer your question, we do have a system that detects and blocks many duplicate activities from being uploaded to Strava.   However it doesn't detect them all, and in that case it is appropriate to flag one of the duplicates.

For our flagging guidelines (when to flag and when not to flag), please visit this link.  

Thanks again for introducing yourself and welcome.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Ian
Elbrus

Hi Jane - thanks for the explanation.  I joined Strava in 2017 and have completed more than 1000 Activities, all recorded on my phone.  About 6 months ago I got a smart watch and also use it to record my Activities as it has the added benefit of showing heart rate data.  The watch is not as reliable as the phone and has had a few GPS anomalies so I record on both devices, check the one from the watch and, assuming it's OK I delete the one from my phone.  Before I delete the unwanted duplicate the 2 Activities show as a Group Activity.  I have never been prompted that this may be inadvertent duplication so I was surprised to her that such duplication is supposed to be identified automatically.

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @luciano_rizzi 

Thanks so much joining our Community!  To answer your question, we do have a system that detects and blocks many duplicate activities from being uploaded to Strava.   However it doesn't detect them all, and in that case it is appropriate to flag one of the duplicates.

For our flagging guidelines (when to flag and when not to flag), please visit this link.  

Thanks again for introducing yourself and welcome.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team