cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How often surface type gets an update?

majeranek
Mt. Kenya

Hi,

From what I've read you are using Mapbox as the company to provide mapping and they are using OSM for surface types. I would like to ask you how often do you update your surface types in Strava Routes? 
I'm asking because I wonder if it's worth editing surfaces in my neighborhood so it's visible for everyone in Strava Routes. 
Sometimes it's quite annyoing when drawing a route, riding it and after that someones says that you could go nicer path somewhere because it is smooth tarmac and on the Routes it was marked as dirt..

Cheers,
Filip

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bryant
Moderator Moderator

Hey @majeranek,

Thanks for asking about our maps update. 
Unfortunately, I cannot provide a set timeline of when our maps are updated because our intervals vary.
However, we are aware of this type of feedback and strive to make changes in a timely manner while still ensuring fairness, correctness, and completeness of data.

KBryant24
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Bryant
Moderator Moderator

Hey @majeranek,

Thanks for asking about our maps update. 
Unfortunately, I cannot provide a set timeline of when our maps are updated because our intervals vary.
However, we are aware of this type of feedback and strive to make changes in a timely manner while still ensuring fairness, correctness, and completeness of data.

KBryant24
STRAVA | Community Hub Team