cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to organize a group ride?

chrisle
Mt. Kenya

Strava is a cycling community, right?

However, it is easier to host a ride via my town's local facebook page than via Strava, it seems. There are clubs, yes, but only club owners can host events, right?

Or am I missing something?

I'd just like to have a feature where I could just post "50km ride, 18:00 o'clock, meet at XYZ".

5 REPLIES 5

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @chrisle 

Just to clarify @anchskier 's comment. Only Club Owners and Admins have the ability to create Club events.

We do also have an open feature suggestion related to this functionality - check it out here

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

@Jane - Just to clarify, I wasn't saying anything about creating a club event, just creating a post on a club page to say "50km ride, 18:00 o'clock, meet at XYZ".  Doesn't sound like you really need an "event" for that, just a post to announce the information.  

Hi @anchskier - thanks for clarifying that and you're 100% correct. All members can create Club Posts

Jane (she/her)

anchskier
Denali

You don't have to be a club owner to make a post on the club page.  There may be some settings allowing for a club to limit posting to just the admins, but I know of a number of clubs I am in that allow for members to create posts as well which sounds like what you are looking for.  

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @chrisle 

Thanks for your post. Currently, it's not possible to create events on Strava outside a Club. We do have en existing feature suggestion for this over on our Ideas Board. You can view it here, and we would welcome your vote (hit the thumb up button) and also feel free to add any comments about you would like to see this implemented. 

Thanks again.

Jane (she/her)