cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to record inside a covered VeloDrom?

CMasem
Mt. Kenya

I’m a little confused. I am a longtime Strava paid subscriber but I don’t use community resources much. I recently started riding the VeloDrome in my town. On road rides I use both apple watch and wahoo element to track activity.

What’s the best way to record inside a covered VeloDrom. It’s under an inflated dome.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @CMasem 

Welcome to the Strava Community Hub and thanks so much for being a long time Strava Subscriber!   Rides recorded in velodromes qualify as indoor activities, since it's not possible to lock in a GPS signal while riding inside.

When you record indoors you should disable the GPS on your device while recording an indoor activity. This will help with correcting the analysis of your data such as distance and speed.

Additionally, it's important to remember that we do not calculate a moving time for indoor activities, like we do for GPS based outdoor rides.  Since we show only  total elapsed time, you'll want to keep that in mind and possibly make a number of shorter recordings that do not include any stopped time for best results.  More information

Check out our recent blog post on recording indoor activities.

Let us know how your velodrome experience is and thanks again for joining the Community Hub.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @CMasem 

Welcome to the Strava Community Hub and thanks so much for being a long time Strava Subscriber!   Rides recorded in velodromes qualify as indoor activities, since it's not possible to lock in a GPS signal while riding inside.

When you record indoors you should disable the GPS on your device while recording an indoor activity. This will help with correcting the analysis of your data such as distance and speed.

Additionally, it's important to remember that we do not calculate a moving time for indoor activities, like we do for GPS based outdoor rides.  Since we show only  total elapsed time, you'll want to keep that in mind and possibly make a number of shorter recordings that do not include any stopped time for best results.  More information

Check out our recent blog post on recording indoor activities.

Let us know how your velodrome experience is and thanks again for joining the Community Hub.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings