cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't comment on activities

Herro2689
Mt. Kenya

Every time I try and comment on other peoples activities I get the message 'Strava has encountered an error. Please contact support' 

This started happening yesterday evening. I'm recieving comments so I know it isn't a Strava wide issue. Any help would be appreciated! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator

👋 Hello All,
Thank you for your posts and sorry for any trouble. It appears you may have hit our limit for the maximum number of comments you can add per day. Please wait 24 hours and try again.

We thank you for your patience while our team evaluates and make adjustments to our rate limits. Our product development team is reviewing all your posts and we thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

39 REPLIES 39

I’m having the same problem!

Scout
Moderator Moderator

👋 Hello All,
Thank you for your posts and sorry for any trouble. It appears you may have hit our limit for the maximum number of comments you can add per day. Please wait 24 hours and try again.

We thank you for your patience while our team evaluates and make adjustments to our rate limits. Our product development team is reviewing all your posts and we thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

Hello, I have the same problem.

I don't even have that many posts. Could you please check the issue, please? 

Hey @syllverr
Thanks for your post! If you are still having this issues, I would suggest you submit a support ticket and our team can take a look at your account and see what is going on. The Community Hub & Strava Support are two different platforms. The Hub is great for general questions and information while our Support team will handle questions that require access to your Strava account. If you have trouble with our online form, you can send an email to support@strava.zendesk.com  

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

How is this a solution? As a paying subscriber, it makes no sense at all. Typically on a race day or if you have a large following you are bound to exceed the 20 comment limit within 24 hours. There appears to be no logic to this limit set. 

I am sorry, but this is not a solution. Can we know how to escalate this?? Not worth it as a paid subscriber 😞 

Hey @rakeshbhat
Sorry for the trouble. Our team is continuing to evaluate and adjust our rate limits and we expect them to make changes over the next few days. I took a look at your account and you should be all good. 

If anyone is still having issues, please submit a support ticket and our support team will investigate further.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

This limits thing has to go,

Why should I subscribe and face limitations?

May we know what is the maximum limit? I mean it can't be around 10 or 20 especially when one has many friends, not worth it.

rakeshbhat
Pico de Orizaba

Hi Team,

I am a Strava Subscriber and have been using this app since 2018,

Recently I have observed that I cannot congratulate by commenting on my friend's activities.

IMG_20240203_124833.jpgI get a message "The Strava server has encountered an error. Please contact support if the problem exists.

Later found that there is a cap on the maximum no. of comments in a single day, Is it a test thing or will the previous criteria be restored?

Kindly find the attached image for your reference

This is frustrating & annoying, HELP

Thanks