cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Indoor Cycling Tag: Elevation Disappears

Hexman
Mt. Kenya

In the Kinomap application, I cycle on indoor custom routes. I configure the routes on https://gpx.studio/ and then export and import the GPX files into Kinomap.

In Strava, when I add the Indoor Cycling tag to an activity, the Elevation disappears. Why does this happen?

I've noticed that there are many discussions for and against Elevation, and I'll provide an example to contribute to this controversy.
In 30 minutes, I can cover 10km with 400m of elevation, and still in 30 minutes, I can cover 20km with only 10m of elevation.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Hexman 

Thanks for posting about this.  Strava doesn't currently display elevation data on activities tagged as "indoor", so for Kinomap activities that contain elevation and virtual GPS data, we don't recommend using the indoor tag.

We have a special activity type for virtual activities like Kinomap.  Find out more about virtual activities on Strava.

Thanks again for posting about this and be sure to let us know if you have any additional questions.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Hexman 

Thanks for posting about this.  Strava doesn't currently display elevation data on activities tagged as "indoor", so for Kinomap activities that contain elevation and virtual GPS data, we don't recommend using the indoor tag.

We have a special activity type for virtual activities like Kinomap.  Find out more about virtual activities on Strava.

Thanks again for posting about this and be sure to let us know if you have any additional questions.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team