cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

January Run 200K & 300K Challenges?

TrailJunky
Shkhara

Just wondering why I can't find the January Run 200K & 300K Challenges? 

55 REPLIES 55

kisvadim
Mt. Kenya

Please, don't remove 200K and 300K badge! And, please add 42,2 badge.

Former Member
Not applicable

Hi. I'm disappointed the 200k & 300k challenges have been removed. They have been my monthly goals for the past few years and took me from a beginner to a reasonably good ultra runner. Please put some tough challenges back for people looking to progress.

dangreen17
Pico de Orizaba

@Jane 

have you had any feedback yet in regards to bring back running only challenges? 

Thank you

dangreen17
Pico de Orizaba

I agree with @jjmurph 

could you consider a range of challenges for all abilities please, and of course include run/walk combined badges for those that want them 

BSO
Mt. Kenya

Hello
Why did you remove the 200/300 km “RUN” challenges?

Can you please put them back?

Thank you 

jjmurph
Mt. Kenya

Hey Scout,

First time commenter here - I came here to find out more about why the 200km badge has been removed. 

One thing I will add - if the intention behind these challenge removals was that it seemed out of reach of newer runners - I can say from first hand experience having done couch to 5k pre pandemic and only just working up to running 100-200km per month now that a bigger challenge target wouldn’t have put me off / given strava an elite-only feel at all.

one thing that i might suggest is keeping a range of challenges, including those for beginners right through those for genuinely elite athletes - but creating a suggestion algorithm for challenges so  that appropriate standard challenges are first suggested according to ability. If you can gamify this right it will make it a great experience for new and experienced athletes alike. 

Becca12111
Mt. Kenya

went to join the badges as like to do it one month in year as a challenge and fuming it’s not there 😫 probably won’t bother now 🤣 no badge, then can’t be asked🙊

TrailJunky
Shkhara

February looks like it will be a challenge free month. Seems bizarre for Strava not the have a challenge that is "challenging", but there isn't anything in the current Run Challenges that will take me more than two weeks to complete which is a shame. 

Not the first time that Strava has destroyed a perfectly good feature, RIP Segments.

All the best, TJ

FernandoVMI
Mt. Kenya

Hello! This is my first comment here. I come to complain about the removal of the  300km and 200km running challenges. Please, restore them! #MakeNewChallenges, not remove the old ones. If more challenges, better, but never exclude the olds, please.

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings