cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[KNOWN ISSUE] Problems creating Routes

Wurfy
Shkhara

UPDATE FROM STRAVA:

We're aware of a technical issue that may impact some Athletes who are trying to create longer routes.

Sincere apologies for this issue.  Our Team is working on a fix, and we will update this thread when we have more information. We appreciate your patience.

Hi

just tried to create a route for tomorrow in the app and it can no longer create routes. 
Does anyone know how to do this now?

7 REPLIES 7

penguin
Mt. Kenya

This is not a "minor problem". Whereas I before could create good routes everywhere, most places now result in zero routes or routes that are not satisfying the criteria. Just roll back to previous version and then get some user feedback before you make changes.

Wes645
Mt. Kenya

FWIW, I really loved the old routeplanner in the app. Always gave me great suggestions and it was so easy to generate 3 new routes to choose from. 

the new planner only works half the time and it always suggests the same routes that don’t start at my location. So I still have to edit them on the laptop 😩

wish I could reverse the update. 😕

We too. 

Strava knows about the problem but no fix

Wurfy
Shkhara

Thank you. 

it’s really poor bug testing. Going to check out Komoot as heard good things about it. 

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello!  Thanks for reporting this.  I've checked with our Team and we're aware of a technical issue that may impact some Athletes who are trying to create longer routes.

Sincere apologies for this issue.  Our Team is working on a fix, and we will update this thread when we have an update.  We appreciate your patience.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

We hope you fix this issue as soon as possible , it has made the route generator completely useless otherwise!

Wurfy
Shkhara

IMG_5517.png

 well, this is not worth paying for

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings