cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make free trial available without credit card details

scottishrunner
Mt. Kenya

This always bugs me. I am offered a free trial but to be allowed to try the free offering, I need to put in bank details. I know why this is done, so that after the trial period runs out then a charge is made. I think it would be much better and friendlier of Strava to just let individuals try out the free trial without the need for bank / card details. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @scottishrunner
Thanks for your post. Although a billing method is required to activate a trial, you have the ability to cancel the trial before it renews. You can cancel the trial right after it's activated (this will not cancel the trial itself, just the billing) or at least 48 hours before the trial renewal to prevent a payment from being processed.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @scottishrunner
Thanks for your post. Although a billing method is required to activate a trial, you have the ability to cancel the trial before it renews. You can cancel the trial right after it's activated (this will not cancel the trial itself, just the billing) or at least 48 hours before the trial renewal to prevent a payment from being processed.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Thanks. That's good to know. It still feel it's a barrier in some ways though but I understand your reply and I'll mark it as a solution. 

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings