cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manipulated GPX files for KOM cheating

shaurya
Shkhara

Hello riders 😀 !

There's a suspicious rider cheating his way to KOM's by mainpulating gpx files & editing them through 3rd party or web to change his segment time for the KOMs.

here are my points to back up my claim.

1> Riders taken back to back 9 koms with in 13 days on climbs ranging 3-12% average gradient, no recovery , no rest between high intensity efforts & no structural training is there.

2> No use of any sensors , no clipless shoes only flat sports shoes are used,the pictures never match the time of the ride & expressions never justify the high intensity efforts.

3> On analysing gpx files through web, riders data never matches with other riders data on the leader board, the online gpx tool exports gpx reports as PDF for everyone who's on the leaderboard but his report comes as a PHP file.

4> Rider has  an obsession with being at number 1 one the board and almost every ride is a KOM ride. On flagging rider becomes aggressive because there are few people to report his behaviour in locality, rider is living on the fake social image through leaderboards.

6> Raised a ticket but no result yet (2 days & waiting ).

would be helpful if anyone can suggest something over this situation!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @shaurya
Thanks for your post. I see that you contacted us on Monday (ticket #2749173) and a response was sent that day. As noted in Fred's reply, we take reports of violations of our Community Standards very seriously. We will review your report and take appropriate action based on the results of our investigation. We appreciate you reaching out.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @shaurya
Thanks for your post. I see that you contacted us on Monday (ticket #2749173) and a response was sent that day. As noted in Fred's reply, we take reports of violations of our Community Standards very seriously. We will review your report and take appropriate action based on the results of our investigation. We appreciate you reaching out.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

HI @Scout Yes that is correct regarding the raised ticket & Fred's response!

Thank you for the heads up !

Looking forward to it..

kind regards

anchskier
Denali

@shaurya - I am not sure exactly what they do to "fix" the problem, but once they do, I usually find that the account has zero activities showing publicly.  Maybe they just go in and force all of their activities to be "private" so they don't show up on leaderboards?  Maybe they actually clear all activities out of their account?  I dont know other than their accounts suddenly show zero activities and no new activities get posted publicly from them in the future.

@anchskier thank you for the clarity.. keeping my fingers crossed! 
its so annoying to come across these cheaters, these are the worst kind of people.. 

keeping my faith in the process now 🙏

shaurya
Shkhara

Hi Anchskier,

Thanks for the heads up ..been losing sleep over this guys scams, hope you understand its not about the KOMs but the ethics, I have given proofs to back up my claims & all the necessary info they asked, now keeping my fingers crossed & faith in the system ! Though the guy is a "subscriber" but only for LIVE SEGMENTS feature.

what could be the solution from their side ? since they asked me they don't disclose for privacy reasons.

anchskier
Denali

Just FYI - It usually takes 3+ days for Strava to respond to a ticket of this nature. I have had to report multiple riders in the past for chronic cheating and it has always taken a while for the support staff to respond.  They usually do end up taking care of the issue, it just takes a bit more time than a simple support request since it involves more detailed analysis of the activities.

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings