cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Map type

Tlab
Mt. Kenya

I takes two tries when I edit an activity to change the map type.   Why?

4 REPLIES 4

Tlab
Mt. Kenya

App on my phone.    I don’t care for the satellite image for MTB rides so after the ride I “edit activity” then click on “change map type” and then choose “standard”.   I click “done” and then “save activity” however the map does not change.  I have to go through this entire sequence again and then it works the second time.

Hi @Tlab 

Thanks for clarifying that.  It is a known issue that's been escalated to our Engineering Team.  I don't have an estimated time of resolution at the moment.  Sorry for the inconvenience.  The only workaround is to make the change twice as you have been doing, or toggle off the "3D Maps for Trail Sports" in your Settings.  

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Sounds like you’re a paid subscriber? If so, in the app, tap the ⚙️ icon in the top-right, then Default Maps near the bottom. Toggle Use 3D Maps for Trail Sports off. This is in the iOS app, but Android should be similar.

There may still be a bug that prevents the setting from sticking the first time, but if you don’t care about the 3D maps you may as well disable them entirely.

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Tlab 

Thanks for posting about this.  Can you clarify - is this happening on the Mobile App, the Web, or both?  Also - can you describe the error flow in a little more detail?  Thank you.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team