cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This post has been escalated to our Support team for one of the following reasons: it requires sharing personal information, the intervention of an admin, or multiple exchanges. We may also escalate to our Support team if a topic is highly complex or technical.

My inbox is flooded with comments on activities of other Strava that I also commented on.

Silentvoyager
Kilimanjaro

Every time I comment on a notable activity (such as a race) of another Strava user, my email inbox get flooded with comments from other users on the same activity, most of whom I don't know and completely uninterested in their comments. Most of these comments are simple congratulations.

Is there any way to stop that? I have already unchecked a corresponding option for a push notification, but I still get emails. For example, after yesterday's race, in which I also participated, I received at least 20 such emails about someone who I don't know commenting on another person's race. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @Silentvoyager
We're going to send this over to our Support team so they can take a look at your account settings and gather more info, if needed. If you have a similar question please submit a support ticket and we will investigate further.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @Silentvoyager
We're going to send this over to our Support team so they can take a look at your account settings and gather more info, if needed. If you have a similar question please submit a support ticket and we will investigate further.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

I don't really see a setting for this. Looking at email notification settings (which by the way are only visible on the web) I see the following:
Screen Shot 2024-03-18 at 11.36.55 PM.png

None of these really covers the case "when someone comments on an activity that I also commented on". Unless someone mentions me, which wasn't the case, I shouldn't be notified by email.