cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Elevation Gain from Treadmill shows up...

Trailkuss
Mt. Kenya

Hi there hope you can help me out,

i use a nordictrack incline treadmill (xi7)  for my special keyunits like hiking intervalls or hike /run intervalls and stuff like that. Everything was fine since 2 weeks. I uploaded the tcx.file like weeks and months before but now... no elevation is showing up in my workouts. 

On Ifit its the 3rd party where i get the tcx file from everything is fine. And also on trainingspeaks the elevation shows up when i upload it. Only on Strava no elevation anymore...

I opend severall time a ticket but since yet no solution ;(

I uploaded pictures from everything. 

Regards 

Ifit : the 3rd party app treadmill /elevation shows upIfit : the 3rd party app treadmill /elevation shows upTrainingspeaks:  for my coach / elevation shows upTrainingspeaks: for my coach / elevation shows upStrava : No ElevationStrava : No Elevation

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Scout
Moderator Moderator

👋 Sorry for the delay here. If you are still having issues, please submit a support ticket and we will investigate further. 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey All, 
Just wanted to provide a bit more context for this and a possible solution....If an activity is tagged as "Treadmill" this will removes GPS data and elevation data from the activity.

If this is what is happening, I recommend uploading the activities as "Virtual Runs" instead of "Runs" and removing the "Treadmill" tag since your activities have GPS data, but weren't actually performed outside.

Removing the indoor tag should display your elevation gain, here's some additional info: 

Uploaded as Indoor Activity
Double check that your activity has not uploaded as an indoor activity. You can untag/remove "Treadmill" or "Indoor" and hit save (please note that you will need to follow these steps on Strava.com, not in the Strava mobile app):
  1. Go to the activity in question
  2. Select Edit (pencil icon)
  3. Unselect "Treadmill OR Indoor Cycling" - green means it is activity, grey means it is turned off and unselected (grey = good to go)
  4. Save & View Activity
Here is more information about Indoor Activities and Virtual Trainer Activities on Strava

If you are still having issues, please submit a support ticket and we will investigate further. 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey All, 
Just wanted to provide a bit more context for this and a possible solution....If an activity is tagged as "Treadmill" this will removes GPS data and elevation data from the activity.

If this is what is happening, I recommend uploading the activities as "Virtual Runs" instead of "Runs" and removing the "Treadmill" tag since your activities have GPS data, but weren't actually performed outside.

Removing the indoor tag should display your elevation gain, here's some additional info: 

Uploaded as Indoor Activity
Double check that your activity has not uploaded as an indoor activity. You can untag/remove "Treadmill" or "Indoor" and hit save (please note that you will need to follow these steps on Strava.com, not in the Strava mobile app):
  1. Go to the activity in question
  2. Select Edit (pencil icon)
  3. Unselect "Treadmill OR Indoor Cycling" - green means it is activity, grey means it is turned off and unselected (grey = good to go)
  4. Save & View Activity
Here is more information about Indoor Activities and Virtual Trainer Activities on Strava

If you are still having issues, please submit a support ticket and we will investigate further. 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

fl0r3nt
Pico de Orizaba

Hello everyone,

Ok I have some news from France.

Today I tried something else. Automatic sync between iFit and Srava. I just tried to modify the activity by unclicking the "treadmill" box and elevation showed up. I was so pleased.

But (because there is a but), I tried then to modify an activity I erased and then imported through tax file and then impossible to get elevation. 

My (newest) conclusion is that if I erased the first automatic sync I could not get again elevation. And since automatic sync was lost somehow fix months ago before reappearing I am afraid that I could not reimport all the activities from that time and get elevation again. 

If someone could help with another hint I would be very grateful.

Have a nice week-end.

Flo

Another issue for me. Event if automatic sync works and show elevation, il does not show any graph of the elevation. Just the overall elevation figure. 

fl0r3nt
Pico de Orizaba

Dear Scout,

Unfortunately nothing worked for me. However it used to work very smooth since last summer. Before automatic sync did the job. Than import tcx file did the job and suddenly nothing did the job. 

I do not know if others still have the issue but I do.

It is still so frustrating to run hundred meters up and see no elevation once imported to Strava...

Mtc
Mt. Kenya

Has there been any further update for this?  I still don't get any elevation data from ifit .tcx imports that are not Google maps based.  If I do a map based workout, it appears strava makes its own calculation based on the map for elevation, but otherwise, not data for elevation.

AlNazal
Pico de Orizaba

It is working for me with the auto uploading way. 
I can't export workouts from ifit anymore, so I'm interested in knowing how you do it, please 🙏🙏

Same for me. I can get elevation data from auto upload, but only if I edit the activity in the browser and remove the treadmill tag. I have not yet figured out how to make elevation show up if I’m only using the app. Which is still super annoying as well. 

fl0r3nt
Pico de Orizaba

I must admit that I do not understand how such a "simple" thing could have been lost along the way.

It got me frustrated since I have a Premium account on both Strava and iFit. 

Scout
Moderator Moderator

👋 Sorry for the delay here. If you are still having issues, please submit a support ticket and we will investigate further. 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)