cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overview versus Analysis Stats Discrepancy

walter
Shkhara

I've observed in many instance where my average speed for an activity in "Overview" view is different from the average speed shown in "Analysis" view.

For example, this activity has average speed 18.8 when viewed in Overview, but shows 19.1 when viewed in Analysis (without any time window truncation). I think the 18.8 (overview) is correct but I'm interested to understand how these two numbers are calculated and where the discrepancy comes from. Should the calculations be standardized?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi @walter 

Thanks for your post and apologies for any confusion over that. You may sometimes notice a small discrepancy between these two figures. That's because we actually use different methods to calculate these averages, and although they should be very close, you may notice a slight discrepancy due to rounding and the way we store speed data. 

We do hope to improve this experience in the future. Thanks again for your post.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi @walter 

Thanks for your post and apologies for any confusion over that. You may sometimes notice a small discrepancy between these two figures. That's because we actually use different methods to calculate these averages, and although they should be very close, you may notice a slight discrepancy due to rounding and the way we store speed data. 

We do hope to improve this experience in the future. Thanks again for your post.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings