cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This post has been escalated to our Support team for one of the following reasons: it requires sharing personal information, the intervention of an admin, or multiple exchanges. We may also escalate to our Support team if a topic is highly complex or technical.

Pace & distance not tracking during activity

Stravasagar
Mt. Kenya

IMG_7787.png

IMG_7789.png

 my distance and pace for some reason isn’t being tracked during the activity. However, when I save the activity leading it to post the run, it then shows the distance I ran and pace I was running at (rest of data). Can someone please help me why my data won’t show during my run it’s really annoying.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Update from our Support Team:  To troubleshoot this situation, please try turning your phone completely off and then on as well as turning your location services off and then on again. Location services are located in settings > privacy > location services (turn off/on).

Also, sometimes GPS data quality can be improved by simply giving your phone more time to acquire satellites prior to starting your activity.

For more tips on how to improve your GPS quality see our article on Troubleshooting GPS issues for iPhone.

If you find that the information above does not resolve the issue, please perform a GPS reset on your device:

GPS reset instructions:
1. Close all open apps on your phone.
2. Then go into settings and turn on airplane mode.
3. Next, go to settings > general > reset and choose reset network settings (you will need to re-enter your wifi passwords!)
4. Once your phone has reset, go to settings > location services. Turn this setting off and then on again.
5. Finally, go to settings > privacy > location services > system services and turn setting time zone OFF.

If you continue to experience the same trouble after performing a GPS reset, please submit a support ticket and we will investigate further.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Update from our Support Team:  To troubleshoot this situation, please try turning your phone completely off and then on as well as turning your location services off and then on again. Location services are located in settings > privacy > location services (turn off/on).

Also, sometimes GPS data quality can be improved by simply giving your phone more time to acquire satellites prior to starting your activity.

For more tips on how to improve your GPS quality see our article on Troubleshooting GPS issues for iPhone.

If you find that the information above does not resolve the issue, please perform a GPS reset on your device:

GPS reset instructions:
1. Close all open apps on your phone.
2. Then go into settings and turn on airplane mode.
3. Next, go to settings > general > reset and choose reset network settings (you will need to re-enter your wifi passwords!)
4. Once your phone has reset, go to settings > location services. Turn this setting off and then on again.
5. Finally, go to settings > privacy > location services > system services and turn setting time zone OFF.

If you continue to experience the same trouble after performing a GPS reset, please submit a support ticket and we will investigate further.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

Bryant
Moderator Moderator

Hey @Stravasagar,

This post has been escalated to our Support team. If you have a similar question please submit a support ticket and we will investigate further.

KBryant24