cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in route creation

Valentino
Mt. Kenya

Creating a route (run and bike) among one of the most popular running routes in Amsterdam causes this problem.

Instead of going straight under the bridge, Strava creates a 5k detour. By creating the route manually, forcing the route still leads to this error. 

Google maps coordinates: 52.33305552269576, 4.8981445885648185

Would be great if this can be fixed.

Screenshot 2024-06-17 at 09.58.44.png

3 REPLIES 3

Valentino
Mt. Kenya

Hi Jane, 

Thank you for your reply. As I wrote in my post, creating the route manually does not work - that's why I created this post in the first place. 

I think it's confusing to work with OpenStreetMap, would be great if you can do it. I shared the coordinates in the post.

Thanks!

OpenStreetMap seems okay, a cycleway under the bridge, everything is connected and no oneways are involved.

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Valentino 

Thanks for posting about this and I understand that can be frustrating. Here are a couple of things I would suggest in this scenario:

1. Try using manual mode
Enable Manual mode to add a waypoint anywhere on the map. There are a few things to be aware of when using this mode:

• Manual mode will no longer ensure your route's path follows roads or trails.
  • Popularity and elevation selectors will be disabled.
  • Distance and elevation can only be roughly estimated for manual edits.

2. Help Improve Strava's Maps
Strava utilizes OpenStreetMap, an open-source project of geographical data for the entire world, alongside our own heat/popularity and other unique data, to help inform routing decisions. If you are experiencing a routing error, you can help the Strava community by contributing the edit to OpenStreetMap.
Please visit our support article for instructions for more information.

I hope this is helpful information and please let us know if you have any questions.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team