cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with synchronizing / Sync failed (42) on samsung watch

Mateusz1
Mt. Kenya

Hello I have a problem with synchronizing my data from the last run in the watch, I have a Samsung Galaxy Watch error title is sync failed42

IMG_2140.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Greetings, 
Sorry for the delay. Please try the following to see if this resolves your issue: 

1. Ensure that your Watch and Strava app on the watch are up to date
  2. Restart your Watch, and your phone, if attempting to sync through bluetooth
  3. Make sure your phone and watch have more than 25 percent battery life.
  4. Make sure your watch does not have any modes on that restrict syncing:

Also make sure your watch doesn't have Power saving, Airplane mode, or Watch only mode turned on. These modes restrict features that are required to sync data.

Here's how to turn off these different settings:
    - Power saving mode: Swipe down from the top of the screen, and then tap the Power saving icon - it looks like a battery. Then, make sure the watch does not have a Power saving mode turned on.
    - Airplane mode: Swipe down from the top of the screen, and then swipe to and tap the Airplane icon.
    - Watch only mode: From Settings, swipe to and tap Battery, then tap Power mode, and then choose Standard. On the Galaxy Watch, press and hold the Power key to turn off the watch, and then press and hold the Power key again to turn it back on.

5. Make sure your phone and watch are connected through Bluetooth or your watch is connected to a strong wifi signal.

If this fails to push over the pending uploads then the app will need to be uninstalled/reinstalled and the activities will be lost as they are unable to be manually extracted from the device. 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

therobertscott5
Mt. Kenya

If you're encountering a "Sync failed (42)" error message on your Samsung watch, it indicates that there's an issue with synchronizing data between your watch and another device or service. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and resolve this problem:

1. Check Bluetooth Connection: Ensure that your Samsung watch is properly connected to the device it's supposed to sync with, such as your smartphone or computer. Make sure Bluetooth is enabled on both devices and that they are within range of each other.

2. Restart Devices: Try restarting both your Samsung watch and the device it's syncing with. Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve temporary synchronization issues.

3. Update Software: Check for any available software updates for both your Samsung watch and the device it's syncing with. Outdated software can sometimes cause synchronization problems.

4. Check Internet Connection: If your Samsung watch syncs data with an online service, such as a fitness tracking app or cloud storage, ensure that your watch is connected to the internet via Wi-Fi or cellular data.

5. Clear Cache: On your Samsung watch, go to Settings > Apps > [App causing sync error] > Storage > Clear cache. This can help resolve any temporary data issues that may be causing synchronization problems.

6. Reset Sync Settings: If possible, reset the synchronization settings on your Samsung watch and the device it's syncing with. This can sometimes resolve configuration-related issues.

7. Contact Support: If you've tried the above steps and continue to encounter the "Sync failed (42)" error, consider contacting Samsung support for further assistance. They may be able to provide additional troubleshooting steps or escalate the issue if necessary.

By following these steps, you should be able to troubleshoot and resolve the synchronization problem with your Samsung watch.

mrjobby
Mt. Kenya

Hello,

Lately when I try to sync my activity to my strava account it gives me the sync failed (42) error. The watch is connected with Bluetooth and WiFi. 

What could be the problem and how can I resolve this?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Greetings, 
Sorry for the delay. Please try the following to see if this resolves your issue: 

1. Ensure that your Watch and Strava app on the watch are up to date
  2. Restart your Watch, and your phone, if attempting to sync through bluetooth
  3. Make sure your phone and watch have more than 25 percent battery life.
  4. Make sure your watch does not have any modes on that restrict syncing:

Also make sure your watch doesn't have Power saving, Airplane mode, or Watch only mode turned on. These modes restrict features that are required to sync data.

Here's how to turn off these different settings:
    - Power saving mode: Swipe down from the top of the screen, and then tap the Power saving icon - it looks like a battery. Then, make sure the watch does not have a Power saving mode turned on.
    - Airplane mode: Swipe down from the top of the screen, and then swipe to and tap the Airplane icon.
    - Watch only mode: From Settings, swipe to and tap Battery, then tap Power mode, and then choose Standard. On the Galaxy Watch, press and hold the Power key to turn off the watch, and then press and hold the Power key again to turn it back on.

5. Make sure your phone and watch are connected through Bluetooth or your watch is connected to a strong wifi signal.

If this fails to push over the pending uploads then the app will need to be uninstalled/reinstalled and the activities will be lost as they are unable to be manually extracted from the device. 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

joejeremy09
Mt. Kenya

Hey there! I'm encountering the exactly same issue with syncing my data from the last run on my Samsung Galaxy Watch. Seems like we're both facing this error titled 'sync failed42'. Have you found any solutions or workarounds yet?

joejeremy09
Mt. Kenya

Hey there! I'm encountering the exactly same issue with syncing my data from the last run on my Samsung Galaxy Watch. Seems like we're both facing this error titled 'sync failed42'. Have you found any solutions or workarounds yet?