cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Run" and "Trail Run" dashboard differences

ojohnson
Mt. Kenya

Hello, on the workout thumbnail, "Runs" show Distance, Pace, and Time whereas "Trail Runs" show Distance, Elevation Gain, and Time.  I'd like the Trail Runs to show Pace...why don't they show pace?  Or GAP?  Can you make it so that both "Runs" and "Trail Runs" show all four items--Distance, Pace, Elevation, and Time on the thumbnail?  Or perhaps users could customize what categories they want shown on the thumbnail for each activity type.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @ojohnson 

Thanks for posting about this.  

The activity data you see on your dashboard may be slightly different from activity to activity depending on the activity type and the activity itself.

For example, for a running activity, the elevation will appear in place of pace/speed if the elevation gain is greater than 100ft per mile. Otherwise, pace/speed will be visible on the dashboard.

The information you see may also be dependent on the length of the text. For example, if you are not seeing elevation or pace but an empty space this may be because the time and distance take up more room on the screen, and therefore the next set of data (elevation or pace) is not displayed since there is limited room.

I hope that's helpful and let us know if you have further questions on how this works!  We do have a related feature request here, which you may want to check out and add any comments and votes.  

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

mbgutstadt
Mt. Kenya

So, if my “Trail Run” distance says 15.79 miles and my “Run” distance was 15.0 miles which distance is actually correct?

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @ojohnson 

Thanks for posting about this.  

The activity data you see on your dashboard may be slightly different from activity to activity depending on the activity type and the activity itself.

For example, for a running activity, the elevation will appear in place of pace/speed if the elevation gain is greater than 100ft per mile. Otherwise, pace/speed will be visible on the dashboard.

The information you see may also be dependent on the length of the text. For example, if you are not seeing elevation or pace but an empty space this may be because the time and distance take up more room on the screen, and therefore the next set of data (elevation or pace) is not displayed since there is limited room.

I hope that's helpful and let us know if you have further questions on how this works!  We do have a related feature request here, which you may want to check out and add any comments and votes.  

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team