cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relative Effort Number

Coaster
Mt. Kenya

Hi Legends. Maybe a simple question but I just can't find an answer. I've recently lifted my efforts to work back to a level of fitness.

On my home page on the left I have a message that says "You're building fitness nicely. Try to keep the remainder of the week under 4." 4 what? I don't understand the reference? It's under a heading of relative fitness but that like 100, etc. Can someone help?

Cheers,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi @Coaster 

Thanks for posting about this.

Relative Effort measures how much cardiovascular work went into any activity.  The number 4 is referring to relative effort, and the suggestion is to keep the rest of your activities for the week to a total relative effort score of 4 or below.   As you mentioned, that number is low which means we're looking at your training and estimating that you need some recovery time to avoid over training.

Find out more about relative effort and how we use it to determine your weekly effort here.  

Please let us know if you have further questions about this and we would be very interested in knowing if you find this feature useful.  

Personally, I've been using relative effort for quite a while and I find it's most useful to compare trends over time and keep an eye on when I need more rest.  

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi @Coaster 

Thanks for posting about this.

Relative Effort measures how much cardiovascular work went into any activity.  The number 4 is referring to relative effort, and the suggestion is to keep the rest of your activities for the week to a total relative effort score of 4 or below.   As you mentioned, that number is low which means we're looking at your training and estimating that you need some recovery time to avoid over training.

Find out more about relative effort and how we use it to determine your weekly effort here.  

Please let us know if you have further questions about this and we would be very interested in knowing if you find this feature useful.  

Personally, I've been using relative effort for quite a while and I find it's most useful to compare trends over time and keep an eye on when I need more rest.  

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Thanks Jane, I appreciate the effort you put into that response and it has helped. My understanding then is that it's just a very, very low rate that I need to work at.

Thanks again!