cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[RESOLVED] Weather data absent for 2024 activities

spangborn
Mt. Kenya

Did weather data break? I don't see it populating for any 2024 rides on mobile or desktop.

I do have Premium, and it's there for old rides. I'm seeing it as missing on other athlete's rides, too.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hello!
I'm happy to report that this issue has been resolved and routes should be working as expected. If you are still having issues, we ask that you submit a support ticket, and someone from Strava Support will be happy to work with you to troubleshoot. Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you all for your patience!

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hello!
I'm happy to report that this issue has been resolved and routes should be working as expected. If you are still having issues, we ask that you submit a support ticket, and someone from Strava Support will be happy to work with you to troubleshoot. Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you all for your patience!

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

Hello Scout, how are you?. Regarding to weather data, I have a question: why weather in Strava doesn't follow temperature data recorded by Garmin? I have a weird situation  where this ride https://www.strava.com/activities/10514049708 , show average of 22C only in weather data, while in Garmin and in Strava temperature graphs it's correct? It should match, at least in temperature since 830 doesn't measure  humidity or wind speed.

Strava weather:

strava_weather.jpg

Garmin temperature resume and graph, in Celsius:

garmin_temp_min_avg_max.jpg

garmin_temp_graph.jpg

Temperatures from Garmin devices are notoriously incorrect to even outright wrong so its okay to have a "second opinion" from dark sky. By the way the Strava temperature from your screenshot isn't the average but the temperature from the activity start.

Hey @Felipe_P
Thanks for your post. Strava Subscribers have the option to display weather data on their activities, using data from Dark Sky. I will share your experience with our team so they may review this feature for future improvements. We appreciate your patience and support in the meantime!

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

Cotts100
Mt. Kenya

Thanks for asking this question - same for me

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello!  

Thanks to everyone who posted about this.  We've identified an issue that is preventing weather data from being attached to activities. We are monitoring the situation and the data will be appended to the affected activities once caught up.

Sincere apologies for the issue.  

Jane (she/her)

Skl17
Mt. Kenya

Missing for me too! Looks like a general problem for everyone? 

gmolly
Mt. Kenya

Weather is missing for me too (Premium). I had it on Jan 1st but it's missing today (Jan 4, 2024).

LC10
Mt. Kenya

Same issue here. No weather data in 2024 (full subscriber)