cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Route not shown on Heatmap

Thorkild
Mt. Kenya

Hello all,

On of my rides are not shown on the Heatmap, even though the activity has been recorded: https://www.strava.com/activities/9062889956 

Anyone else who have met this problem or is there some kind of box I have ticked, that makes this ride invisible on the Heatmap?

Best Thorkild

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Thorkild 

So sorry this is happening.  

We are currently aware of an issue where some activities may not appear on your personal heatmaps or may appear under the wrong sport type on your heatmaps. While our colleagues work to resolve this situation, I would like to share a workaround which will hopefully solve this for you:

Navigate to the activity on Strava which is not appearing correctly on your personal heatmaps and choose the option to edit the activity. From the Edit Activity page, change the sport type on the activity to any of the available options, save your change, then edit the activity one more time to change the sport type back to the originally selected value.

Performing this action should trigger our system to re-evaluate the activity, appropriately placing the activity on your personal heatmaps. 

Please let me know if that resolves the problem and again, apologies for the issue.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

WojtekZet
Mt. Kenya

Hi. I've noticed that on personal heatmap only appear activities which are visible for my followers. Locked activities are not appearing on heatmap and I don't like it. How to fix it?

Thorkild
Mt. Kenya

hello Jane,

Yes, thank you! That did the trick 🙂

Best Thorkild

I have seen this as well, appears to depend on activity type (trail run) and location (Oregon). I can’t ascertain if this limited to these two criteria.

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Thorkild 

So sorry this is happening.  

We are currently aware of an issue where some activities may not appear on your personal heatmaps or may appear under the wrong sport type on your heatmaps. While our colleagues work to resolve this situation, I would like to share a workaround which will hopefully solve this for you:

Navigate to the activity on Strava which is not appearing correctly on your personal heatmaps and choose the option to edit the activity. From the Edit Activity page, change the sport type on the activity to any of the available options, save your change, then edit the activity one more time to change the sport type back to the originally selected value.

Performing this action should trigger our system to re-evaluate the activity, appropriately placing the activity on your personal heatmaps. 

Please let me know if that resolves the problem and again, apologies for the issue.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Hello,

I'm having the exact same problem. 
I would say 5 to 10% of the activities do not show on my heatmap.
I noticed this today, but I cannot point to when this has happened. 

I tried several suggestions provided here, but nothing has worked so far.

Thanks for the help.

Hello, I have the same issues as described by the other person, but this action doesn't lead me to show the route on my heatmap. Are there any issues known currently?

Hi Jane,

I've tried this twice now and the activities are still not showing up in my heatmap. Any other possible fixes?

Nevermind - I just fixed it. The setting for hide entire map was checked by default