cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Segment achievements aren't always calculated / displayed on upload

Silentvoyager
Kilimanjaro

Sometimes when I finish an activity and sync it via Garmin Connect I don't get all segment achievements until I use the "Refresh Activity Achievements" function on Strava Web. But how I am supposed to even know that segment achievements are incomplete. I can only see that if I look at every segment individually.

For example, here is the same activity after I initially uploaded it (as seen about 1 hour later after the upload) vs. after refreshing the activity achievements:

Screenshot 2024-02-08 at 9.21.52 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-02-08 at 9.24.24 AM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Silentvoyager 

Thanks for posting about this.  In some cases where there are many segment achievements, it may be necessary to use that tool to see all achievements.  I understand your point though, and agree this could be improved.  

I'm passing your feedback along to the Team, and again, thanks for taking the time to share it.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Quazie
Mt. Kenya

@Jane I'm seeing very similar behavior when uploading from apple health - it seems like achievements aren't being properly calculated when activities are uploaded from 3rd party data sources - i'm seeing this very regularly with my apple health uploads.

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Silentvoyager 

Thanks for posting about this.  In some cases where there are many segment achievements, it may be necessary to use that tool to see all achievements.  I understand your point though, and agree this could be improved.  

I'm passing your feedback along to the Team, and again, thanks for taking the time to share it.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team