cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorry, you can't join this plan. You must live in the same country to join the family plan.

JJRuns
Shkhara

Hi runners,

I cancelled my subscription as my partner suggested we join the family plan. However, when she sends me the invititation, the page reads that i cannot join the plan and need to live in the same country.

We are both set to the same city and country in our Strava profiles. 

Did anybody else encounter this problem? Any solutions? 

Thank you guys! It somehow feels a bit demotivating to run and not have my premium features.

Kind regards,

JJ

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @JJRuns & @jselke

Thanks for your post and sorry for the trouble. This will need to be reviewed by our subscription team.

I see that you both have submitted support tickets; thank you for that! Our team will get back to you as quickly as possible. Thanks for your patience. 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

UPDATE: It seems my country code was set to the wrong country (Italy instead of Germany). Strava support fixed it, canceled (and refunded) my subscription. Afterwards I was able to subscribe to the German family plan, and everything worked as it should. Thanks, Strava!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

JJRuns
Shkhara

UPDATE: The country code of my partner was set to Spain. Strava support changed this for her and now I am able to join! 

Thanks a lot and happy running,

JJ

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @JJRuns & @jselke

Thanks for your post and sorry for the trouble. This will need to be reviewed by our subscription team.

I see that you both have submitted support tickets; thank you for that! Our team will get back to you as quickly as possible. Thanks for your patience. 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

Hi Scout.

Thanks for the reply. How long does it usually take? I haven't heard anything just yet. Really want to continue using Strava again. 

Thanks!

JJ

Hey @JJRuns
Thanks for the follow up. At this time, our team is handling a high volume of tickets and are doing their best to respond as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience. 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

jselke
Mt. Kenya

I have the same issue here and submitted a support request to Strava yesterday. I will post an update here once I got a reply.

UPDATE: It seems my country code was set to the wrong country (Italy instead of Germany). Strava support fixed it, canceled (and refunded) my subscription. Afterwards I was able to subscribe to the German family plan, and everything worked as it should. Thanks, Strava!

Hi Jselke,

Thanks for your reply. I also submitted a ticket last week, but no reply yet. Will keep you updated as well.