cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

spin

IfarZe
Mt. Kenya

Hello!

I have one question though! When I go to the gym for a spin class, I can't directly add the distance covered to my profile? Am I not able to do it or is it not possible? Every time I have to manually add the spin workout and the distance, and it's not convenient.Can you explain this to me or provide a solution?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @IfarZe 

Thanks for your post.  There's 2 high level ways to upload an activity to Strava.  The first way is to record the activity data with some kind of a recording device.  Do the spin bikes at your gym have any way to record and save your activity data, and give you access to it so you can sync or upload it to Strava?  Some indoor spin bikes may have this functionality, for example Peloton, however many do not.

The second way to get your activity data into Strava is to enter it manually. That is the best option if you don't have a way to record and save the data from the Spin bike.  

I would encourage you to check out our blog post on recording indoor activities.  

I hope that's helpful.  Please let us know if you have further questions.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @IfarZe 

Thanks for your post.  There's 2 high level ways to upload an activity to Strava.  The first way is to record the activity data with some kind of a recording device.  Do the spin bikes at your gym have any way to record and save your activity data, and give you access to it so you can sync or upload it to Strava?  Some indoor spin bikes may have this functionality, for example Peloton, however many do not.

The second way to get your activity data into Strava is to enter it manually. That is the best option if you don't have a way to record and save the data from the Spin bike.  

I would encourage you to check out our blog post on recording indoor activities.  

I hope that's helpful.  Please let us know if you have further questions.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Hello, thank you for your reply to this post. When you enter a manual workout unfortunately you are unable to add all of the other data like heart rate details... or am I wrong? would really be great if we could just edit the loaded activity by just adding the kilometers done.